07/04/2019 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Members £40 / Non-members £75
Join Rachel Shilston in her well-equipped studio for a fun, relaxing and inspiring day, creating an eye-catching and beautiful mosaic woodland animal picture.
You will have access to Rachel’s wide collection of gorgeous vitreous glass tiles, ceramic beads, broken vintage plates and buttons and she will guide you through the tips and techniques to create a beautiful mosaic that you can be proud of.
Within a friendly, supportive and fun environment, you will:
- Plan a design
- Cut and shape your tesserae (tiles)
- Produce a mosaic using the ‘direct method’ (approximately 20 x 20cm) ready to grout
- Learn about the correct adhesives and grouts to use
Never tried mosaic before? Then don’t worry! This workshop is suitable for beginners and Rachel has plenty of tried and tested examples to help inspire you.
We won’t have time to grout during the workshop, but a full demonstration will be given and you can choose from a selection of different coloured grouts to finish off your mosaic at home.
Rachel’s studio is based at the Hanley Farm Business Centre. Tidenham. Nr Chepstow. NP16 7NA.
- All materials and tools, including aprons & safety goggles.
- An information pack, comprising details on how to grout your piece.
- Plenty of tea, coffee and afternoon tea.
- Ample free parking
Please email James (email@example.com) to reserve your places. Payment can be made by cash, cheque (made payable to CACSSA) or BACS on request. As this is a CSSC subsidised event, you will need to provide your membership number to receive the discounted price. If you have any dietary requirements please let us know at the time of booking.