Interested in Sailing? Whether a seasoned sailor or novice, Cotswold Civil Service Sailing Club (CCSSC) wholeheartedly welcomes you to our friendly club.
- We are an active club with over 25 members, albeit a long way from the best sailing areas.
- The club organises participation in two races per year. The Inter Departmental Offshore Regatta(IDOR) which is organised by the Civil Service Sailing Association (CSSA) and the National Crime Agency (NCA) invitational regatta.
- For the cruisers we normally have two club organised long weekend events. We try and extend our cruising grounds by chartering from Plymouth, and in the past we have chartered in Scotland.
- Each year we combine a taster day for people that want to try big boat sailing and training for our racing crew. Collecting the yachts from the Hamble at 1600. Then a short sail/motor to Cowes on the first evening where dinner is organised in one of the Cowes yacht clubs. The next day depending on the weather a sail in the Solent and anchor for lunch returning to the Hamble by 1600
- We have CSSA qualified skippers, which means we can charter “Sea Easy” the CSSA yacht based on the Hamble.
- A CCSSC crewed yacht has taken part in two prestigious Fastnet Races. This was a significant commitment as qualifying races and survival training must be completed by the crew.
- CCSSC members took part in the 2015 Round Island Race when over 1500 yachts raced around the Isle of Wight, professional yachts with world class skippers and crews, share the water with cruising yachts that race once a year.
- We don’t have a dinghy section but if you are interested in dinghy sailing then we have a number of members who are members of Whitefriars Sailing Club at Ashton Keynes.
- We organise training events for First Aid and Radio licences, and a number of members are going through their RYA shore-based courses and on water day skipper and coastal skipper courses,
- Sailing is not a cheap sport. We try and keep the costs down by chartering in the spring and autumn and filling the yacht. Which can make it cosy!